Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014/Goodbye 2013


Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

For a few days I've been thinking about my final blog post for 2013. 
How would I talk about the fact that there were only 39 blog posts. 
How would I talk about the fact that I have been peeking over your shoulder but leaving very few comments. 
How would I talk about the fact that I haven't responded to many comments however I do appreciate them.

Most importantly why do I feel the need to explain? 
I don't expect YOU to explain so why do I feel that YOU expect ME to explain?  Such silliness!

The following will, hopefully, explain it ALL.

This morning I received the following e-mail from a very, very dear friend.  

She said...
"I am so proud of you!  You've done lots of hard work and lots of unpleasant work...you've come a million miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

with the following attached to the e-mail...from Brave Girls Club


"Dear Phenomenal Girl,

This was a year that you made huge strides that you won't even recognize for awhile. You touched people's lives that you don't even know about. You were protected from situations that you never saw coming, and so you don't even know how big that protection was. You overcame things that you weren't expecting and you made it through days that sometimes you weren't sure you could make it through. You woke up almost every day and decided to make the most of that day....and you did. You saw beautiful things, met beautiful people, and shared your beauty too.

This might be a chapter that you are thankful is over, and it might be one that made you laugh and that you will fondly remember. This year might be right in the middle of a chapter and the story of it has not played out yet.....your story goes on from here!

This year you grew. This year you learned. This year you had 12 whole months of brand new experiences that are a part of YOUR story. This year your story was rich with ups and downs and tragedy and triumph.

This year you made it through.

Sounds like a pretty fantastic year to me.

You are so loved...now and forever.
xoxo"

What was happening in my life is really not important.  It's all good!

My dear friend who sent the e-mail this morning has not only been a friend but truly my Angel on Earth.  She was there if and when I started to fall.  She'd either pull me upright or catch me before I fell.  There was one day when she called and I was sobbing so hard I could hardly catch my breath.  She listened to me and helped me overcome why I was sobbing. 

Thank you my Angel on Earth aka dear friend...you know who you are!

Now on to 2014. 
I'm not choosing a word nor promising to blog more often. I live simply for today...I don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. 

Remember that I'm not ignoring YOU, I'm simply taking care of ME. 

Thank you for popping in to visit. 

In Friendship!
 

41 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful post!!!! BIG (HUGS) to you!

Abby said...

This is a great post - and what a great letter. Thank you for sharing. Wish you the best for 2014!

Kim said...

Here's to another year of living. Happy 2014!

Lorraine said...

Happy new year to you and your family Darlene...xx

Sherri said...

I'm wishing you a wonderful 2014...and my best to you and yours!!!

Carol said...

Happy! Happy 2014! It's going to be a good one!

Monica said...

Here's to a fabulous 2014!

Cathy said...

I hope 2014 is a happy year for you.

Sharon Hughson said...

Your word might be TODAY! Happy New Year and may it be a better one than you implied last year was for you.

Vicky said...

Happy New Year, my friend! Like you, I'm not going to make goals or choose a word. I just want to find joy in everything, especially in every stitch I take! May 2014 be a happy and healthy year for all of us!! xox

Diane said...

wishing you the best Darlene. I think I could copy and paste a lot of your post to mine.
The hardest thing for many of us is learning to take care of ourselves. ((hugs))

paulette said...

Words to live by!! Big hug to you, Darlene!! Have the BEST year ever!!
P

Jeanna said...

Living your own way is the ONLY way....your doing it right Darlene. We will always be here.

Sending you wishes for a happy and blessed 2014.

QuiltSue said...

What a great post, and yes, you're so right, we don't have to explain ourselves all the time.

I hope 2014 is good to you.

carol fun said...

Oh Darlene - -this post really touched me. So true..

I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. I hope it will support you they way you supported me.

Take good care of YOU!!
hugs
carol fun

Mary Truax said...

Lot's of good insight, Darlene. Happy New Year to and your clan. Thanks for sharing this journey called life with all of us.

Carol said...

Happy New Year Darlene. I never choose a word either. I too just want to go through 2014 one day at a time. I'm not making a list of goals, I'm just going to do what I feel like doing and enjoying the journey. I totally understand about not always commenting. Blog when you want and know your friends care about you. Happiness to you my friend for 2014.

Wendy said...

Thanks for a wonderful post. The letter is fantastic. Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2014!

Thimbleanna said...

Happy New Year Darlene -- I hope 2014 will be a wonderful year for you!

Michele said...

No explanations necessary Darlene :-) You are so so fortunate to have such a wonderful friend! One thing I love about blogging is that to me there are no expectations. I like to think that my blog friends are there with kind words when I post and that no explanations are necessary when I'm not. I'm sure it's the same for you :-) Here's to a wonderful 2014 for you :-)

Just Ramblin' said...

This is an awesome post and there is no need to explain yourself. We all need to do what is best for us as no one knows our circumstances better than we do. We just need to live one day at a time. I wish you a New Year filled with peace, hope, joy, and time---time for all those good things that will bring blessings and fulfillment into your life. Hugs, Nola

Quilt Hollow said...

Simply put. All the best for 2014.

Debby said...

Happy New Year!!! Look forward to following along in 2014 no matter how many or how few posts. Take care of you

Kindred Quilts said...

Darlene, Happy NEW Year to you! No explanation is expected or necessary... "ME" should be #1 in everyone's life!!!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year to a very brave and honest lady!Love this post...

Janet said...

Happy new year Darlene! I hope for only good things for you. What an amazing friend you have and I did so enjoy the letter. I haven't been the best blogger but I have remembered that I have so much more to my life than just that so I don't worry about it now.

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year, Darlene! May it be a blessed one.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful post! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Shelley said...

Darlene, you can't know how much I am so thankful that you passed on that letter from Brave Girls...my 2013 sucked majorly. That letter spoke exactly the words i needed to hear so that i could put the past year in perspective. Your posting of this letter has impacted my life today. it will impact me tomorrow. ((hugs))to you :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Awesome goal! We can't do anything else if we don't take care of ourselves first. I will try to do the same.
Wishes you many blessings this year!

Nancy said...

What an awesome post girlfriend. 2014 is going to be great and we are going to get a lot of sewing done! Right:)

Vivian said...

I hope that blessings run rampant to you and yours in 2014 and beyond. No explanations necessary. All we can do is look at 2013 and say -- Whew -- that year is over. Next? Hugs from frigid (and getting frigid-er) Iowa.

Shasta Matova said...

We can only take one day at a time, be kind to ourselves and set realistic expectations of ourselves. I wish you the best for 2014.

Karen said...

I was so used to frequent blog posts from you. I knew there had to be something going on. I hope the New Year brings peace and inspiration for you.

QuiltNut Creations said...

happy new year Darlene! such an excellent post!

Carrie said...

Happy 2014! I hope it's a "best ever" for you and yours!

I'm glad you're taking care of you because you matter! To yourself and to a whole lot of others - and yes, I'd still fight that battle for you!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beautiful post!! Happy new year, Darlene!

Ranch Wife said...

I'm glad that you are taking care of you because YOU are special and loved and it's about time you take some time for yourself. I was incredibly touched by that sweet letter. Friends like that are truly a blessing and I have no doubt that you are one of those friends too. Be blessed this year dear lady!

Uhu work said...

Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
Join Now
http://www.hotfxearnings.com/

zareen fatima said...

Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
hotcurrentaffairs.com

daniyal raza said...

Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
www.jobzcorner.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...